This free online JPG to PDF converter allows to combine multiple images into a single PDF document. Besides JPG/JPEG, this tool supports conversion of PNG, BMP, GIF, and TIFF images. Easily combine multiple JPG images into a single PDF file to catalog and share with others. PDFill PDF Filler: Image Tool. You can use this tool to insert an image (digital photo, scanned signature or clipboard) into PDF document anywhere. You can move, resize, rotate with Frame Lines, Whiteout (fill color or background) and PDF Action into this image object. You can make the image transparent.
|Click here to return to the 'Preview - add an image to a PDF file' hint|
This doesn't add an image to a PDF. This converts a PDF to images, edits the images, then converts the images to a PDF. Not only do you loose the ability to search text but you loose other PDF benefits like resolution independence and the possibility to edit the PDF with another application.
I hate being a grammar nazi, but you did it twice in one sentence. It's 'lose,' not 'loose.'
Umm - a waste of time converting vector graphic and ascii text to pixels. It would be better to merge two documents to one 'Real'pdf file without loosing data!!!
(sorry, misread - this comment can be removed)
No, this is not adding an image to a PDF.
Try pdftk instead. The specific option you want is stamp or multistamp.
It's command line only, and although there are GUI frontends for it, it looks like this particular feature isn't catered for; but unlike the posted hint, it will actually overlay one PDF onto another without loss of fidelity.
Use Formulate Pro (it's free) to do this and other markup on PDF's... I use it to fill out 'pdf forms' all the time...
Nice pointer. I had not seen this before.
What a great suggestion! FormulatePro does exactly what I need ... annotate existing PDFs with text, images, simple shapes and even checkmarks. It's ideal for filling out forms electronically.
Why do they publish such awful hints as this? I guess it's fine if all you're going to do is print the PDF and never use it again, but for anything else (like sending it to someone else), this is bad news all around.
There are many better ways to do this while maintaining the original PDF (texts, vectors, etc.), as some commenters have pointed out. (Acrobat Pro is, of course, another option, though significantly more expensive. :))
well, the original hint may be awful, but as you say it's lead to some helpful comments so all around I'm glad the hint was published.
Absolutely, but this kind of thing belongs in a forum. Wrong tool for the job, wouldn't you say?
It's a community-driven site. Hints Dot Macworld Dot Com needs reworking, giving more prominence to the forums, where submissions such as the above can be hammered out, and then a hint produced by the publishers to encapsulate the discussion.
PDFpen does all this and lots more without changing formats back & forth.
You can remove, resize and generally fiddle with images already in the original pdf document plus add as many other images as you wish by dragging them to your desired location within the document. The format of the image you want to add is irrelevant — it can be in any format and conversion is not necessary.
Takes seconds. Yes, yes, I know PDFpen costs but the charge is very reasonable given the enormous range of options included..
NB I have no connection with any manufacturer, past or present; nor do I review Apps professionally. I'm just an ordinary user.
With the increasing use of PDF files, different manufacturers in the market have come up with different software to aid in manipulation of content in PDF files. Apart from manipulation of text, other improvements with regard to PDF involve image modification. Thanks to the different programs outlined below, computer users can easily add image to a PDF and much more image manipulation tactics.
Three Feasible Ways to Add Image to PDF
Using LightPDF to Insert a Picture
LightPDF is a free online tool which can work for students, teachers, businessmen, and many more users for PDF conversion, editing, etc. This application can allow users directly process PDF files without installing anything. Better yet, the website won’t charge anything or add its watermark on your documents. And it is available on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices. Thus, people can use it at any time, any where. Here, we will make use of its PDF to Word and Word to PDF functions to add pictures to your PDF.
- Go to LightPDF website and click “PDF to Word” tab.
- Hit the “Choose file” button and select a file to upload.
- After the uploading, the program will start converting automatically. Once done, you can click the download icon beside the file name to get the Word document.
- Open the Word file, click “Insert” and then “Picture” to add one or more images to the document. When you finish it, you can save the file.
- Jump to “Word to PDF” page of LightPDF, drop your edited Word file and then convert it to PDF.
Also, this online tool has signature function which can add picture sign to the PDF file. You can also this function to add image to PDF.
Using ApowerPDF for Image Adding
Although a PDF file is the end-product, sometimes there is need of manipulation to make some corrections or final changes to make the content better. With the ApowerPDF, you are guaranteed an efficient PDF editor of both texts and images to make your content exceptional.
One of the primary functions of this program includes adding images and texts on any PDF documents. With regard to text manipulation, you can easily add content, delete unnecessary content and many more functions with this editor. On the other hand, you can insert image in PDF file, edit images through resizing, cropping etc.
To know how to utilize it to add image, please follow the instruction below.
Insert Pdf Into Pdf File
- Download and run the program from below, then open a PDF file with it.
- Hit the “Edit” tab on the toolbar, then choose “Add Image” under the menu of “Content Editing” on the right of the interface.
- Select the image that you wish to add to this PDF document.
- After that, a thumbnail image with cross hair would appear on screen, you can move your mouse to the position where you want to insert this picture and click it.
- Next, you can adjust the size and location of the inserted image.
Insert Image Into Adobe Pdf
It not only allows you to insert image to PDF, but also encompasses other functions which include the following:
Add Image To A Pdf
- Easy management of PDF pages in large PDF documents. For instance, you can delete, add or crop any page in a large document.
- It has also incorporated the OCR technology which deals with text embedded in images.
- Provides safety measures for personal PDF documents with tools that allow the user to protect the document with a password or insert signatures by creating customized stamps.
- Just like other PDF viewers/readers/editors, this PDF editor allows you to convert PDF documents into other formats such as MS Word or Excel.
Using Adobe Acrobat to insert Image to PDF
Adobe Acrobat has become a leading manufacturer of different PDF tools such as viewers, text editors and image editors. When it comes to the case of PDF editing, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC will surely come in handy, for it offers a handful features including creating, editing, exporting, organizing PDF documents. Adding image to PDF is not an exception. With it, any user can easily insert picture into PDF using the following steps.
- Run the program and open the particular document where you want to insert an image. Then look for the “Tools” tab and select “Edit PDF”.
- Click “Add Image” on the top and using the browse option to choose the specific image to be inserted into the file.
- Click your mouse in any part of PDF to insert picture and manually customize its size and location.
Above are the three viable solutions on how to add image to a PDF. Just like other Adobe products, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is very expensive, which is sold for $24.99 per month if you pay on a monthly basis, leaving most computer users with no other choice than to opt for other products such as ApowerPDF which is cheaper and incorporates a lot of features which makes it stand out from other PDF editors in the market. Also, you can consider the powerful free tool like LightPDF, which can also satisfy most needs of PDF users.