Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community
Nov 20, 2017 Hence, when you are playing a game, you can simply encounter various issues that will actually affect the gaming experience. Sims4 is one of them. No doubt they offer a great gaming experience. Sometimes, the users encounter Sims 4 not working or inaccessible issue. The game has had some or the other glitches when functioning on Windows. Origin not running (d3382ced:984c6a0) Problem. When I try to start the game. The Sims 4 needs the latest version of Origin installed. This message is very common if you upgraded to Windows 10 (or if you run an illegal version in which case you’re out of luck) Solution.
As per the description, I understand that you are facing an error 'The dynamic library 'rld.dll' failed to initialize (E1103)' while launching SIMS 4 in your computer. It seems like the issue is related with the inconsistency in the system files or driver update. I will certainly help you with your issue.
Share this information to assist you better.
- Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
- When did you install SIMS 4?
- Have you installed any updates before/after installing the game?
- What are the system requirements for the game?
- Have you update your Graphic Drivers?
Refer the following steps to update graphic driver.
- Click on start button and go to control panel on the right column.
- Change the view by (from windows explorer) to large icons or small icons.
- Double Click on Device Manager.
- Expand Display Adaptor, double click on the available entry.
- Click the tab Driver, click Update Driver.
Note: I also suggest you to update the display card driver from the computer manufacturer website as well.
Please confirm with the SIMS 4 support if they have released any patches for this game.
I would suggest you to perform clean boot and check you are able to play game.
Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot
Refer to the link to perform clean boot.
How to perform a clean boot in Windows
Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section 'How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting'
If issue persists please have this game reinstall and check again.
Following are the steps to remove SIMS 4 from Program and Features:
- Press Windows + R, type control panel and then click on ok.
- Double click on Programs and Features.
- Uninstall all the SIMS 4 related software.
- Reinstall the application.
Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.
Sims 4 Not Launching 2018
For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.
Sims 4 Not Starting Windows 10