Classic Tones, Sample Support, and Amazing Performance Capabilities
The Roland TR-8S Rhythm Performer combines Analog Circuit Modeling with sample support for more sonic versatility than ever before. Create your own custom kits and patterns with any combination of ACB drum sounds and your own samples imported from SD card. The TR-8S also has some new tricks compared to the TR-8, like two automatable fill sections per pattern, and the ability to lock parameter values to individual steps. With access to more sounds and more ways to manipulate them, the Roland TR-8S Rhythm Performer is an advanced groove machine for any electronic genre.
Jan 14, 2017 Roland AIRA Rhythm Performer (TR-8S) 4.3 out of 5 stars 28. Roland Aira TR-8 Rhythm Performer. # 1 Best Seller in Photographic Lighting Booms. I guess you can store your creations on the SD card but it makes accessing them tedious during a live performance. I also use the FA-08 and FA-06 on stage. Roland’s latest Aira instrument is set to become a classic in its own right. The space on the review bench left by Roland’s Boutique TR-08 barely had time to cool before it was filled with a new instrument bearing yet another combination of those iconic letters and numbers. The TR‑8S is. This channel provides information of the Roland's best quality electronic musical instruments. Provides an overview of key features, functions and operational tips. Make sure no SD card is inserted in the TR-8S's SD card slot. If an SD card is already inserted, then take out the card. Hold down SHIFT and switch on the power.
Combine your samples with classic TR-8 and TR-9 sounds
Crafting your own signature sound in the modern musical landscape calls for layering individual elements, and the TR-8S Rhythm Performer is ready with support for WAV and AIFF samples. Packing every single sound from Roland's entire range of TR drum machines, plus the ability to use your own samples too, the TR-8S Rhythm Performer offers massive creative potential. Thanks to Roland's Analog Circuit Behavior technology, the AIRA TR-8S drum machine not only delivers all the authentic TR series sounds you know, but it also gives you a level of control and flexibility never before possible. Every channel on the TR-8 includes Tune, Decay, and customizable Control knobs, giving you a massive range of tone and dynamics.
Create fills and pattern variations that set your performance apart
Well-constructed drum fills play a big part in turning predictable loops into memorable grooves. Each pattern on the TR-8S offers three types of fill sections that you can trigger on the fly, or automate to play every 2, 4, 8, 16, or 32 measures. Many musicians at Sweetwater like this arrangement much better than switching to a separate pattern that's been constructed as a fill, as we find it keeps us in the groove and helps focus on the performance instead of juggling patterns. In addition to two programmable fill sections, there's a Scatter fill available to slice and dice a measure of the main groove for controlled-chaos transitions. On top of the fill sections, you can create up to eight variations of your pattern and switch between them on the fly for unprecedented performance potential.
Stay ahead of the groove for spontaneous live performances
The TR-8S allows you to keep one pattern playing while you program a different one, allowing you to construct arrangements on the fly without losing the groove. Each pattern stores the kit, knob positions, effect settings, and tempo, and will be instantly recalled when you select that pattern. If you're an improvisational performer and want to be able to create arrangements on the fly, you'll definitely appreciate the flexibility of the TR-8S Rhythm Performer.
Old-school sequencing for the twenty-first century
Modern step sequencing would never have come about if it weren't for the original TR-808 drum machine, and the AIRA TR-8S's bank of 16 backlit, per-step pads instantly conjure up images of this beloved analog classic. In addition to the old-school TR-REC recording method that set the stage for many drum machines to follow, the TR-8S includes intuitive hands-on controls for programming each step with its parameter settings. Choose pattern sizes up to 32 steps long, with A and B parts and simple chaining to create longer progressions. Gears of war offline. What's more, thanks to its flexible architecture, you can seamlessly switch back and forth between performing and sequencing to create and tweak your grooves on the fly.
Trigger outputs and external inputs for sonic expansion
You can use most of the TR-8S Rhythm Performer's audio outputs as triggers to control other instruments, allowing you to expand your rig with other sound modules and sequence them from the TR-8S. It also features external audio inputs to return those sounds and keep them in the TR-8S audio path.
Comprehensive audio, MIDI, and USB interfacing
The TR-8S Rhythm Performer features eight analog audio outputs that you can use to separate your sounds for recording or processing purposes. But if you're recording to your DAW, it's even easier to use the USB connection — you'll be able to record every TR-8S channel to a separate track in your DAW in a single pass. MIDI in and out ports are available too. Whether your focus is on performing, studio production, or both, the TR-8S has the connectivity you need.
Roland Tr 8s Tutorial
Roland TR-8S Rhythm Performer Features:
- Equipped with the largest, most authentic collection of TR drum machine sounds available
- Analog Circuit Behavior technology provides component-to-component modeling for unrivaled authenticity
- Supports WAV and AIFF samples via SD card slot for layering your own creations with classic TR sounds
- Contains 81 ACB tones and 150 factory samples
- Supports up to 600 seconds total time for all samples at 44.1kHz, a single sample can be up to 180 seconds
- Step sequencer controls 11 instrument parts and 1 exclusive part for the trigger output (1/8' output)
- Lock parameter values for any sequence step for subtle or extreme variations
- Each pattern offers 3 fill types and 8 pattern variations for big performance potential
- Program a new pattern while the existing one loops for smoother live improvisation
- Built-in audio interface allows you to multitrack directly to your DAW
- 8 analog audio outputs allow you to route your sounds separately for recording or processing
- Control the intensity of the Accent function in real time for dynamic grooves
- Enter steps manually or record your drums in real time to create grooves on the fly
- Original TR-REC behavior provides an authentic TR series programming experience
- 16 backlit per-step pads make pattern creation easy (supports up to 32-step patterns)
- Dedicated Tempo controls and TR-909 Shuffle control lets you create beats that pulse and groove naturally
- Solid MIDI clock sync provides tight timing with external gear, such as the rest of the AIRA series